Tools for Surface Finishing
Fine grinding tools
Kyocera DEGUSSIT superfinishing abrasives are made from pure alumina doped with chromium without bonding agents. The addition of chromium gives the ceramic a high degree of hardness and dimensional stability, as well as a characteristic red colour. This crystal structure is better known as ruby.
DEGUSSIT DD57 superfinishing abrasives are available as a range of standard tools with 3 possible grit sizes: fine, medium and coarse. The grinding stones, files and wheels are used for grinding, sharpening or deburring of hard materials.
Characteristics of superfinishing abrasives:
- Extreme hardness
- Exceptional edge and profile life
- High wear resistance; long service life
- Very good surface finish of workpieces after machining or manual reworking
Our superfinishing abrasives are ideally suited for the following fields of application
- Precision engineering and watch industry
- Glass and optical industry
- Finishing and adjustment of plastic moulds
- Finishing and adjustment of cutting and stamping tools
- Reworking of hard materials (carbide steels, porcelain, glass, etc.)
Consult our range of standard products.